Want to become a bereavement doula? Click here to learn the history, the value and the role of a stillbirthday bereavement doula.
The first SBD training is tentatively scheduled to begin on Monday, September 24, 2012.
The complete Stillbirthday Bereavement Doula Training Correspondence Course Content is available in PDF: SBD Training
Click here to view our required reading list.
Earning the SBD credentials:
- means you are a part of a professional, reputable resource and team dedicated to providing support to families.
- means your listing at the site will be in a highly noticeable location complete with profile photo (optional) and a short description of yourself.
- places you within our online group that encourages fellowship, continued education, and ongoing social, professional and educational benefits.
- prepares you for providing comprehensive doula and bereavement support to families.
- Means you have access to special discounted resources from affiliate organizations, including Earth Mama Angel Baby and La Belle Dame!
This comprehensive course will prepare you for doula work and bereavement support. The class itself is interactive, with weekly reading materials and group participation. Your fellow classmates will challenge you, the course will educate you, and the fellowship will inspire you. You will remain a part of an online interactive group of your peers, long after your class is over, with fellow SBD students and professionals. You will submit your two book reviews and community review to Heidi Faith at your own pace (you have a 6 month timeframe from the start of your class). Once you’ve passed the course and submitted your two book reviews, you will be listed at stillbirthday as a professionally trained SBD, and you will be prepared to offer pregnancy, birth, and postpartum support to mothers giving birth at any point in pregnancy, including fatal diagnosis, miscarriage, stillbirth, and “rainbow/subsequent” pregnancies. You will learn how to provide non-clinical, appropriate emotional and physical support as a professional SBD doula. The price for this course is only $150.00 USD
1. Submit Your Essay!
Submit your essay of intent before registering, to ensure that you have been accepted into our program. Simply let us know why you are interested in supporting a mother during birth in any trimester, what your experience with loss is, and what you plan on using your SBD credentials for. You can leave it as a comment below (it won’t be published), or you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The site creator reserves the right to refuse admittance into the program for any reason. You will be notified via email if you have been admitted, and will be instructed to continue to step 2 of the process. Essay submissions will be recieved until Monday, September 17. Get yours in now!
2. Get Registered Today!
You’re almost finished!
3. Click here to be taken to our Pay Pal page.
Compare our pricing:
Stillbirthday will be applying for CEUs from CAPPA and DONA. Please contact me if you are interested in that opportunity.
See how you can support a family as a Stillbirthday Bereavement Doula: