This is a maternity and newborn clothing and items program, to provide families with clothing and some supplies.
This program is for:
- families preparing for the birth of a baby who has a fatal diagnosis, and time with the baby is uncertain
- families undergoing medical testing and additional financial involvement that limits their funding for maternity and/or newborn items
- families experiencing a subsequent pregnancy after a loss and who are fearful about purchasing needed items
- families who endured a pregnancy loss or infant loss, and after careful consideration, choose to share their maternity and/or newborn items with other families through this program (please see the section below on contributing items)
- families who have not been impacted at all by pregnancy loss but who wish to use their “just like new” maternity and/or newborn items to provide this meaningful and special support to families enduring this difficult time.
To receive items:
- Each state has a listing of local Love Cupboard volunteers (we also have an international Love Cupboard). Contact your nearest Love Cupboard volunteer (within your state or country), and he or she will either decide to meet you in a central location such as a church or your local perinatal hospice facility or your hospital or doctor’s office (such as just after a prenatal appointment), or will ask for your mailing address and ship the items to you.
- You will receive items based on availability, with a maximum of 5 items total.
Each state is listed below (along withtheinternational listing), and families can check their state listing to see if there are stillbirthday Love Cupboard volunteers in your area.
If there is not a stillbirthday Love Cupboard already established in your area, you can join our team by submitting the contact form below. Please read our participation agreement:
To become a Love Cupboard volunteer:
- You will need to commit to holding a space in your home or easily accessible location that is dry and clean.
- You will need to commit to having a clean tub that seals shut – approximately a 30 gallon size.
- You will need to commit to having a smoke-free home, and that your Love Cupboard space is free from animal odors.
- You can petition your local community to donate items for your Love Cupboard. Please see our contributing information below.
- You will need to provide a valid email address for families to contact you, and you will need to check it regularly.
- You will need to agree to transporting the items for each family, which may including shipping and handling costs. These will be your own expenses as stillbirthday is not a 501c3. You are not expected to ship outside of your country.
- Each package should approximately fit into a shoebox sized box, or plastic or cloth reusable bag. You can petition your local area to contribute any of these items to you for transporting the items to each family.
- You will need to agree to printing out a stillbirthday brochure and including this in each care package, in addition to any card or note you’d like to contribute as well.
- There can be more than one Love Cupboard in a city.
- You can run your Love Cupboard independantly, or collaborate with friends such as a local mom’s group.
To contribute items:
- Locate your nearest Love Cupboard.
- Items that can be submitted include maternity clothes, newborn clothes, size 0-3 clothes, all in boy, girl, or gender neutral styles, newborn diapers (cloth or disposable), baby wraps/slings, nursing pads.
- Items should be in “just like new” condition, clean and odor free.
- Items contributed are not considered donations and are not tax deductible.
Use this form to open your local stillbirthday Love Cupboard!
Search Stillbirthday’s Love Cupboards by state:
International Love Cupboards (outside of USA)