(go back to Farewell Celebrations)
Marking your baby’s name in or on something significant or special can help solidify to you the very real life of your baby, and that even if he or she didn’t get to touch the world with their fingers, he or she did get to leave their mark on the world in a positive, unique way.
It can be something simple, or something more elaborate.
Here are some ideas for marking your baby’s name:
- Name in Sand
- Butterfly Beach
- Name on a brick at a children’s farmstead
- Name on the Sidewalk
- Name in Stone
- Writing on the Wall
Telling your story, your baby’s story, can be very special and very healing:
- you can share your story here, by just writing it out and we’ll post it
- you can start a blog in your baby’s honor (and, give us the link to your original story about your baby, so we can publish it here, too)
A couple of tips about blogging for your baby:
- Blogger and WordPress are both free. Blogger is easy to format and can become very personalized very quickly.
- Franchesca from Small Bird Studios is a very talented blog designer who experienced infant loss. Her story and website is at Small Bird Studios.
- We have a “blog button” you can add to your site.
- “The Cutest Blog on the Block” offers free items for blogs, too.